1961 Epiphone full line guitar catalogue front cover, featuring the Epiphone Emperor archtop guitar, Epiphone Artist upright bass, and an Epiphone amplifier. Epiphone had been bought out by Gibson parent-company CMI in 1957. The company had been foundering for some time; management problems rather than anything to do with Epiphones very fine instruments. When Gibson took over Epiphone production they attempted to keep the brands separate, despite being produced side-by-side. Note the address at the bottom of this page, 210 Bush Street Kalamazoo. In fact this is just the back entrance to the Gibson plant; the other side of the block that contains the Parsons Street Gibson factory.